School DofE Walking Expeditions
We can design a bespoke programme of training, practice and qualifying expeditions for your school. Alternatively you could choose to use one of our proven standard programmes. Either way, we are here to provide the “hassle free – one stop shop” approach to providing the DofE Expedition section to busy teachers and leaders.
DofE Bronze (4 Days)
- 2 days of route planning and training
- 2 day qualifying expedition
- Cost £180pp (minimum 10 persons)
DofE Silver (7 Days)
- 1 day pre-expedition training (at the school)
- 3 day practice expedition
- 3 day qualifying expedition
- Cost £315pp (minimum 10 persons)
DofE Gold (11 Days)
- 1 day pre-expedition training and planning (at the school)
- 4 day practice expedition
- 1 day planning and training (at the school)
- 5 day qualifying expedition
- Cost £495pp (minimum 10 persons)
For DofE Gold direct entrants (those who have not done DofE Silver) it may be necessary to add an extra practice expedition.
What we include
- A comprehensive set of paperwork for schools, participants and parents; including consent forms and kit lists etc.
- Completion of the expedition paperwork. We can provide completed green forms, risk assessments and any other local paperwork requirement.
- A single instructor/supervisor provided for each group for the duration of your expedition programme.
- High quality training, delivered at your School or an alternative location suggested by you.
- Training manual and workbook for participants.
- Qualified supervision throughout the expedition phase from highly experienced instructors.
- Accredited assessors for the qualifying expedition.
- Accommodation fees whilst out on expedition, including campsites.
- Free use of our group kit.
We provide the following essential group kit free of charge:
- Stoves and Fuel
- Group Shelters
- First Aid Kits
- Maps & Compasses
We will work with you to choose a suitable location for your group. Whether you are looking for something in your local area, or you want to visit a new and more adventurous location, we can help.
We work nationally so expedition areas can be at your discretion. For Gold level we recommend the training be carried out at the school’s location, the practice at the most convenient wild country area and the qualifying venture where the participants would like to expedition.
All training and expeditions cost £45 per person per day (minimum 10 participants per group). A simple pricing policy – keeping it easy to calculate bespoke costs.
Please contact us if you would like more information.